This was one of those random concoctions that I ended up LOVING, and will absolutely be making again! It tastes like it took forever to make, and literally comes together in less than a half hour!!! WIN!
Next time I have family over, I know what I'm making!
(Sorry for the boring name - I have the hardest time naming meals....not easy!)
1 head of broccoli - cut into florets and steamed
3 large cloves of garlic
1/2 onion - chopped
1/3 cup of sliced sun-dried tomatoes (I used the one that came packed in oil, julienned...AND I used about a tbsp. of the oil it came in as well)
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1 box of pasta - cooked (I used whole wheat mini bow ties)
sprinkle of red pepper flakes (optional)
1. In a large pot, drizzle about a tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil, and cook onions and garlic over medium heat until translucent (about 4 minutes).
2. Add sun-dried tomatoes, cook for another 2-3 minutes, then add in the rest of the olive oil.
3. When the oil starts to slightly bubble, add broccoli.
4. Add half of the cooked pasta into the pot, with half of the parmesean cheese, mix well. Then add other half of the pasta, with the rest of the cheese - mix everything well until evenly distributed and heated throughout.
5. Add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste - serve with some more parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!!!