Went to bed at 9 o'clock last night, woke up at the crack of dawn this morning and had this conversation with Stephen...
Me: "I want pancakes"
Stephen: "Well, we can't rewind to a week ago and put pancake mix on the grocery list"
Me: "Let's go to IHOP"
Stephen: "Come on...we are going out to dinner tonight"
Me: "Ok, I'm going to make a mess of the kitchen....."
2 cups - all-purpose flour
3 tbsp - sugar
1 tbsp - baking powder
1 tsp - salt
2 cups - milk
3 Tbsp - vegetable oil
1. Preheat pan, or griddle to medium high heat.
2. Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt).
3. In a smaller bowl whisk together wet ingredients (milk, eggs, vegetable oil).
4. Pour wet ingredients into the larger bowl with the dry ingredients - mix with an electric mixer on a low setting until smooth.
5. Scoop pancake mix onto pan or griddle, place chocolate chips onto each pancake. After a few minutes (when top starts to bubble slightly), carefully flip pancake and cook until finished on the other side - another 3 minutes or so.
6. Serve with strawberries, butter, and syrup....and then enjoy the leftovers tomorrow!!!
***Makes 12-16 good sized pancakes!!!
We used our awesome Cuisinart Griddler to make these....they came out SO perfect. I love this thing!
|If you don't have one of these....you need one! The plates reverse to a grill side, AND it folds in half too! So functional!!!|