Looks like it is semi-safe to say that summer vacation has started for me! I have a few more days that I will be going into work to do some scheduling and look at test scores, but for the most part I am in "summer-mode" until the 3rd week of July!
|Ok you got me....this is an old picture...I mean I'm not positive, but I wouldn't imagine I still look like this from behind...|
What will I do with all of this free time you ask?!? Besides the commitment I have made to getting in as much rest as possible, I have a few things in mind!
1. Enjoy rest of my pregnancy: Since I am on the brink of beginning my 3rd trimester (27 weeks/28 weeks?)...I know things are about to get super uncomfortable around here. The Florida heat can be downright unbearable, and I do live on the 3rd floor - so it will be ROUGH! My goal is to enjoy every single second as much as possible regardless of the discomfort. I want to appreciate these moments that I get to be alone just Baby Girl and I...taking in every bump, nudge, roll, and kick! Of course hubby and I are beyond anxious for September, but there is something very special about all of this anticipation! It's just been the two of us for so long, I want to remember this time we have left until we become a family of THREE!
2. Get baby ready: Obviously there is still a lot to do to prepare for our little one. The nursery furniture is put together, and the registry is set (I may have peeked at it, shhhh)! There are still some finishing touches, and last minute things that I need to purchase online. We are a pretty organized couple, and our apartment is pretty big...but it still will be a challenge fitting all of her STUFF in here. I plan to get into "nesting mode" especially after my baby shower!
3. Stay healthy: When I am home "relaxing", that usually means I am salivating over The Food Network, or Cooking Channel! This is dangerous! Yesterday I stocked up on some healthy snacks (carrots, hummus, sweet potato chips, & tons of fruit). I'm not usually a huge "snacker" but like the rest of the human race...idle time, and pregnancy hormones are not a good mix for me. I've also started going to the gym. It feels so good to get moving, I'm definitely going to keep at it!
4. Going to NY: We are taking a road trip in little over 2 weeks to NY! Why on earth are we driving? Well, since my shower will be on the 22nd...we imagine there will be some baby goodies that need to come back with us. PLUS, there are still wedding things at my parents house that need to come home as well! It's not ideal to be road tripping when I'm 7 months pregnant, but we are going to take lots of breaks...we are even making a stop in Richmond to visit Mallory (Mal Smiles) & DLW! Can't wait! It is going to be such a great trip, we have a LOT planned as we always do! We are BEYOND excited to see everyone!
5. Get super involved in "Blogland": Not that I don't think I already am....but there are so many things that I have wanted to do, just not enough time to do it!!! This summer is the perfect opportunity to get more involved (I signed up for my first Cara Box Exchange), meet new bloggers, branch out a little more, and get inspired! I have a lot of recipes already planned, and I'm even thinking it is a good idea to have a few on "reserve" for when Baby Girl gets here. I definitely still plan on blogging when I am a Mommy, but likely it will be difficult to adjust to a new routine. It's probably best I plan ahead...and what better time to do it?
***Check out my sponsor options (*use the code "SPICEUPJUNE" for 30% off of all ads), and know that as I am growing my blog this summer...that means growth for you too!
It's going to be a great summer, I can already tell! Can't wait to share it with all of you! XO